Church fire safety risk assessment
Reduce the risk of fire at your church with help from our fire risk assessment template and supporting guides.
Fire safety in churches
All churches should complete a suitable and sufficient fire risk assessment to help them comply with the legislation and regulations regarding fire safety in places of public assembly
To comply with the regulations, a responsible person must conduct a comprehensive risk assessment that considers, amongst other things:
- Ignition sources
- Suitable means of detecting and raising the alarm in the event of a fire
- Adequate emergency escape routes and exits
- An appropriate type and number of fire extinguishers
- The correct type and sufficient number of fire signs and notices
- Provision for the correct maintenance of fire equipment
- Suitable provision for the protection of fire service personnel
- Ensure the occupants receive the appropriate instruction/training in actions to be taken in the event of a fire, using evacuation drills
- The effect a fire could have on neighbours.