Our promise to you
When you need to make a claim, we’ll look at your policy cover to see how we can best compensate you. We’ll work swiftly, and always deal with the claim fairly. If we can resolve the claim when first contacted we will.
We will give you direct access to your personal expert claims handler dealing with your claim.
We aim to keep things as simple as possible, offering guidance and assistance throughout the life of the claim and responding promptly to enquiries.
Always paying you exactly what you are entitled to without fuss.
We will take a proactive approach in protecting your if face third party legal liability claims, and we’ll always consult youu before making any decisions on liability.
Delivering our promise
Simple steps to take in the event of a claim
- If your claim has involved theft or malicious damage, please take note of the crime reference number and details of when you notified the Gardai and take photos of the damage.
- For lost or stolen items, please provide proof of purchase and estimates on a like for like basis.
Broken glass claims
- For broken glass claims please call us 01 619 0300. You just pay your excess and we'll pay for the rest.
Flood and water damage
- Safety is paramount during a flood or burst/leaking pipe. Before you do anything else, please turn off your gas, electricity and water if possible. Do not turn it back on until you have been assured by a registered professional that it is safe to do so.
- Consider moving important items to a safer place.
- Contact us as soon as possible on 01 619 0300.
- Subsidence can cause extensive damage and therefore requires expert advice in determining the cause of the movement.
- We can arrange independent engineers and loss adjusters to investigate the damage and draft a schedule of repair works.
- Please let us know immediately if there has been any business interruption as a result of an insure even. Please note we will require access to your organisation’s financial records and therefore the appointment of specialists can often facilitate these claims.
- If you have a legal query, you can call DAS from the Republic of Ireland 01 670 7470 and from Northern Ireland 0117 934 2111 with your policy number. They will be able to advise you on your policy cover and how to pursue your claim.
- If an incident occurs, please inform us immediately on 01 619 0300.
- Refrain from answering any third party communications.
- Send us the full written details and documentation you have relating to the issue. If you are in any doubt, call us for more advice.
- We will work with you to determine if you are legally liable for a claim. This may include appointing liability loss adjusters and specialist solicitors to act on your behalf.