Covid-19 and your Church Insurance or Church Protection Policy
In light of the easing of national lockdown restrictions previously brought in due to the outbreak of COVID-19, whilst there may still be an impact on your insurance needs, the issues caused by a full lockdown have reduced. In turn this affects the enhancements we voluntarily applied to our policies. We have updated the temporary cover enhancements previously applied as detailed below.
COVID-19 Temporary Cover Enhancements to your policy
Please see below the updates applicable to your church insurance policy from 1/10/20, which we trust will provide peace of mind.
Employees (including clergy, church officials and authorised volunteers) working from home
Your church policy includes as standard, cover for contents whilst away from the premises and/or specifically at the homes of employees.
Liability - health and safety
Resources for employers are signposted by the Health and Safety Authority on their website. As organisations look to different working models for continuity, they also have useful guidance on homeworking and working alone
Subject to the terms and conditions of the policy, both Employers’ and Public Liability policies provide an indemnity to the policyholder if they are held legally liable for accidental bodily injury or illness arising in connection with their business.
Church premises that are temporarily closed solely due to the COVID-19 outbreak
- Will commence on the date we issued risk improvements to you and run to 12/3/20
- Will be suspended for the period from 13/3/20 to 30/9/20 – this period will not be counted
- Will re-commence on 1/10/20
- Will now include an additional 30 days in addition to the original period, to cater for the difficulties and interruptions caused by lockdown
- 1/3/20 to 12/3/20 (12 days elapsed with 18 days remaining of the original 30)
- 13/3/20 to 30/9/20 does not count towards the deadline
- Deadline period recommences on 1/10/20, so runs for 18 days to 18/10/20
- Plus the additional 30 days now added makes the new deadline 18/11/20