- Location: Ireland
- Working hours: 35 hours a week (Monday to Friday)
- Application end date: 31/05/22
Ecclesiastical Insurance – Dublin
In the world of financial services, Ecclesiastical treads a different path. Many businesses say they are different but Ecclesiastical really is. We believe it is possible to do business differently whilst building a powerful movement for good. Ecclesiastical is owned by the charity Benefact Trust and our purpose is to contribute to the greater good of society.
We insure a variety of well-known heritage buildings, churches, charities and educational institutions.
We are proud to foster an open and responsible culture and have made substantial progress in a number of areas that support our employees such as developing talent at all levels, encouraging diversity and providing a positive and engaging working environment.
Insurance Apprentice – Kick start your career in insurance!
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional and will support us to reach our vision of aspiring to be the top company donor and giving £250m to good causes by 2025. Together, we are building a Movement for Good to transform lives and communities, becoming the most trusted financial services group.
About the role:
This 3 year earn and learn programme provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills. While on the programme in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP as well as a BA (Hons) in Insurance Practice awarded by IT Sligo.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Ecclesiastical. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
During the 3 year programme in addition to the academic and professional studies, you will gain experience in our key areas of Underwriting, Claims, Risk Management and Business Development. This means that you will get the opportunity to gain hands on experience:
- Delivering exceptional customer service to our customers and brokers
- Inspecting the risks we insure, such as Churches, schools and heritage buildings, with our Risk Surveyors
- Working in our underwriting team to learn about how we underwrite risks and develop new products
- Processing and managing claims
What can you look forward to:
You can look forward to on the job learning with hands-on experience, a key part of this is working in our different teams to help you build up your understanding of our core business and industry knowledge. You will finish the programme with strong industry knowledge and experience to start thinking about your long term future in Ecclesiastical Insurance.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Benefits including bonus, pension, holidays, income protection, life insurance
- Hybrid working
- Great career development opportunities
What skills and experience do I need to apply for the programme:
- A track record of success and achievement in education, work experiences or extra-curricular activities/volunteering to date.
- Demonstrate where you have taken on extra responsibility or delivered in challenging circumstances
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Highly effective communication (both in writing and verbally) with critical reasoning & analytical skills
- Propensity to learn and apply learning in the work place, showing your ability to pass Insurance Institute and degree modules alongside a demanding work programme
- Effective planning and prioritisation skills – balancing multiple deliverables to agreed quality standards.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proficient IT skills in MS Office
- Able to demonstrate alignment with our group values and culture
What qualifications do I need to apply?
You need to meet the Minimum Entry Requirements as set out by III/IT Sligo.
If you think this programme is for you email your CV (including leaving certificate / college results) , and cover letter setting out why you are interested in this opportunity to Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29th April 2022.